September 03, 2009

Ups and Downs...literally

Two rides ago I put Togey back in his KK loose ring that he has always been ridden in. He was perfect:) Waited for spots, jumped properly, etc.

Then today the weather was nice and cool, and he has become herd boss. I guess he is full of himself as he took me to the rodeo today. He schooled on the flat fine. He was willing through his circles, a bit strong at the canter, but not as bad as he has been. He schooled the crossrail fine. I tried a grid a few times and he was not happy that I asked him to be quiet and do the add. He was throwing a buck on landing. We backed down to a single vertical which wasn't much better, but rideable. I tried to finish out the ride with the crossrail, so we'd have a better stopping point. He jumped it perfectly, and I was prepared to allow him to canter down the rail. That's when the fun started. It was a true bronc ride buck, rear, kick, buck, bolt, rear, and so on. My apologies to Cassandra and Grizzly for interupting their lesson.

Oh, to figure out what it will take to get some consistency. Maybe a martingale next, and hoping the new bit I ordered will get here soon.

No comments: