September 27, 2009

Excellent showing

If I could add "We are the champions" sound track I think I would. Yesterday was a success on all fronts but the weather. We met personal goals for both riders and horses, we placed well in our classes, we had a fantastic social time, and all in all everything went beautifully.
I know all you guys want are the pictures, so here are a few.


Gia showed Jessie in the low hunters with the big boys. Although they had great rounds Jessie showed her dislike for Mullet hall by refusing the first fence of the outside line just as she does each and every time down there. She pinned well in her division, and then got a break before Gia's 11 and under equitation. This time Jessie did not refuse and they won both the flat and over fences eq classes bringing home the championship.

I am loving having Togey, but he is a ride every step horse. I have not been riding enough recently to be in the shape to do him justice all day at a horseshow. I decided to enter him in the unrestricted w/t/c with a hunter hack division. We had a beautiful u/s class, we blew a lead in the pleasure class, and had a really long spot to the second fence of the hack. I opted for the training moment and pulled him up hard following the second fence. I wanted to give the junior rider in the class a chance to take the class. Unfortunatley, she also had a long spot and we won the class. That gave us the championship in the division. When we left the ring the junior had a temper tantrum with their trainer. In the end perhaps learning to lose gracefully was a skill they needed to work on.

A very talented junior rider came down to show Togey in the mid height jumpers, while I had planned to do one lower height. Watching her school him I recognize she was in a better position to do him justice and put out a good training round which is what I was looking for than I was. She showed him in the 2'6'"-2'9" jumper divsion. They took a rail in the first class, and trotted the majority of the second class. Togey was a very good boy, but ran out of gas at the end of the day.

I rather enjoyed my role as sponsor to such a talented rider, and am looking forward to sharing Togey with her for some lessons with her regular trainer. I am also working on some upcoming show opportunities for her.

I apologize in advance for the slideshow transition taking too long, but I love the color what can I say?

No comments: