December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas day which means I get some time to myself. I have not realized how busy I have been. I have been running full steam ahead on all fronts since the move. There has been so much seen and unseen happening that I haven't taken time think. I have been neglecting my family something fierce. I have gotten too wrapped up in everything else.

I started this morning by picking up a horse at 4am to deliver to a very happy mother and daughter. Congratulations to the Jervey family on their newest addition... they are the proud owners of Pip Squeek. I parked the trailer on a wooded lot adjacent to their home in Mt. Pleasant. I tied Squeeks to the trailer and left her for the day.

I then went home and Kenzie opened her gifts from Santa. She got a Polar Express train set, fairy wings, and a Diego camera. Then we all drove up to my parents iN Pawley's Island for the day. It has been wonderful to focus on family and discover the person I used to be. I will admit that it's amazing how my priorities have changed in the last year. Where I used to be very fashion focused and had an all designer wardrobe now I get excited over half chaps, show breeches, and this...




Among all the other things that Kenzie received today she enjoyed her first "martini" (water and an olive in a glass)






Well mom just pulled the bird out of the oven. I suppose it's time to eat. NEver mind I already ate half a pound of baked brie and crackers. For all of those who are always griping at me to eat. I'm doing my share today. Hopefully, those new show breeches will still fit next weekend when we go to the "AA" show in Aiken. OH, yeah that's the last farm Christmas suprise. Emily will get to take Gift up to show both weekends too.

I'd love to hear what all of you are doing to celbrate the day. PLEASE post comments.

No comments: