November 30, 2008

Long time no post

My laptop is down for the count, so I haven't taken the time to post for a very long time. So much has happened there is no way I can catch everyone up. I'll try to hit some of the past highlights and catch you up on what is coming soon.

We went to the Sea Island show a couple of weeks ago to celebrate Cecil's birthday. Gia showed Skittles for the first time and did very well in the green horse/pony classes. She beat Palmetto Walk who wins everything at the pinto shows. It was a great confidence booster for her. She'll be showing there again next weekend in the pony division. Nicole will be joining her for the debut on her new horse Houston. We are trying to talk Cecil into coming again for the jumpers, as it was pouring down rain by the time he was supposed to show last time around.

Then the following weekend it is up to Clemson we go. We're still sorting out how many we're taking. It looks like Gia is taking 2 mounts, Kaijsa is taking Em, Nicole and Diane on Houston, and hopefully Paula on Amador.

The barn Christmas party is scheduled for Dec. 16th. ALL are welcome. We'd love to have some of our past family and friends come visit. Heck it'd be a great chance to check out the new farm. Just bring a dish and item for the gift exchange. If you think you might come why not post a comment to the blog about what goodies you're bringing to eat.

The barn will be closed on Christmas day again. There will not be lessons from 12/25 through 1/2. I will be around, but not teaching.

The boys are making good progress on our cross country course. We have the first 5 jumps completed. As soon as it dries out again they'll get back to work. We were just evaluating a spot for a water complex this week. So we'll have that and a 3 tier bank going in over the winter.

I suppose that's all for now. I can't say when I'll next be ready to post. Wish I new where the camera cord was so I could put up some of our candid moments around the farm. I'm also still waiting for ribbon pics from the 4-H show. hint, hint, hint.

No comments: